Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ya Know You're Tired When...

Kay.. remember how we went to Disney?? Did I mention how fun it was? And oh yeah.. how EXHAUSTING it was? Uh-huh. It was. It started at 4 am on a Monday-- and ended at midnight.. on a Monday-- and in between was 8 days of straight go-go-do-do. It was fabulous.. and a good exhausting, but exhausting the same. And I'd like to prove that exhaustion, with a little tid-bit of our 8-hour journey back to Utah, that I found really hilarious. (I know.. it's so over and done a month ago.. but I've been meaning to share ever since.) So we're hanging at our 4 hour layover (yeah, I said FOUR) in Dallas, and finally get on our last plane home. Jasen had run into a little shop to get us some magazines (cause I get SO much down time on a plane with four kids and their perfectly timed demands.. but ya gotta dream) and upon settling in, I asked what magazine Jasen had gotten for me. Seemingly quite pleased with himself he answered, "I got you TWO." Now I found that interesting, being that I'm pretty much strictly a PEOPLE fan, and was curious to know what other choice he thought I might enjoy. He then proudly presented me with not one, but TWO, People magazines. Some extra special edition he'd guessed it was, when he had seen the two familiar People titles, and lovingly snatched them both up for me.
It wasn't until I pointed out that the special edition.. was um..

in Spanish.. that he even kinda noticed something was off.
Yeah. He was just tired.

8 comments:

Leese said...

that is hillarious! i feel for ya jasen...i was at a garage sale and hit the jackpot ~ started grabbing all the Land before Time videos i could see. didn't realize until the boys were watching one that it was in spanish too! crazy kids watched it anyway! sweet of him to want to get the "special edition" for you though! :)

Carrie Anne said...

now THAT is very funny!:) how thoughtful of your husband.

Amy Lynn said...

Sitting in the MTC one night trying to learn Danish and our teacher asks the poor lone elder in our group to read a sentence out loud. He struggles through it and finally finishes. When he looks up the teacher is looking at him really funny because the sentence had actually been in english. The rest of us hadn't even noticed either. I'm scared to death I'll be found dancing naked in the street one day...sleep deprivation does strange things!

mo said...

Maybe it was just a subtle hint that he wanted you to learn Spanish on the way home. It sounds like the trip was long enough for you to do it!

Anna said...

I am so sad to hear that you were in DALLAS for four hours and we didn't even get to see you!!! You do realize that we do live in DALLAS and haven't seen you for how many years?! Your story did make me laugh before I became bummed that you were SO close....and we missed out!

Emma Jo said...

Muy Bien! So did you gusta it or what? Tell me you at least looked at the pictures and let the people on the airplane THINK that you were suave and bilingually interested in all peoples and cultures.

Abby said...

I wish I knew Spanish, so I could leave a clever comment en Espanol! Very funny, and very thoughtful!

Tasha said...

That's hilarious!! Send that magazine my way...I'll make Dave read it to me!haha